Monday, August 10, 2009

Running with a purpose

I am not a runner. I have never been a runner. I ran for many years when I played soccer. I ran to get the ball or defend the goal. But I never ran just to run. There seemed to be no purpose and certainly I didn't think it was fun to just run for the sake of running.
However, I have found myself on Day 1 of an 8 week training program for a 5K run. My aunt Cindy was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and our family has decided to participate in the Susan G. Komen 5K in October. So I now run for my aunt and with a purpose.

I completed my task for today. I actually ran 1 mile without stopping. I haven't done that since high school. Tomorrow I go 2 miles and I'm actually looking forward to it and think it might be fun!

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I will run with you, I am gearing up to become a runner. I never have before, but I really want to become one.