Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Scott!

Scott was definitely SURPRISED for his 40th birthday. I had played the bad, I'm too busy for you wife all week and Scott was convinced that his birthday had just fallen at a busy time so a quiet family dinner would be the extent of his birthday festivities. He even came home from work and said, "I was thinking maybe after dinner you and I could go out to the movies or something like that." I agreed and even packed my Harkins cups and popcorn t-shirt when we left.
SO much to his surprise when we finished eating dinner with the Carvers and drove to their house for presents and gifts, awaiting us was 25 of Scott's friends from church and work! They got to see him turn red and look at me saying, "Are you kidding me??" I then swooped him off to put on his 70's costume because this was a 70's disco party. We had a great time doing "Scott Trivia", Name that Tune, and even a hilarious round of the Newlywed Game!

Happy Birthday to Scott... I just couldn't let the 40th go by without an adequate celebration!


1 comment:

Esther said...

Happy Birthday, belatedly!! Way to go Julie. =)