Sunday, May 3, 2009

Turning 79!


As long as I can remember my sister and I have always celebrated our birthdays together. We were born 1 year and 4 days apart so it made sense for convenience sake to have a joint celebration. (Milestones like our 13th and 16th birthdays I remember as the only separate celebrations.)
It never bothered me growing up and now as adults I actually think it makes my birthday more special to celebrate it with my sister. We have coined endearing terms like Bday Eve, Bday Week, Bday Month and this year I tried out Bday Season!
It was very fitting this year when my mom brought over the bday cake that she had put the number 79 as our new combined age. She said she couldn't fit the separate numbers and I'm glad she couldn't.
So we are now 79 and lovin' it!

1 comment:

Chris said...

i remember attending one of those birthday party's, a pool aprty if i remember right. i think you were 37 (between the two of you)! :)