Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shutter Bug!

I love taking pictures and although I have cooled down on scrapbooking, I still have stacks of pictures that I have taken that are awaiting a home in a scrapbook. There is nothing like the feeling of capturing a moment on film.
About a year and a half ago, my sister got a Nikon D40 and then added some "big Daddy" lenses and has really fallen in love with photography. I was instantly jealous of her beautiful pictures and incredible results. (She throws about photography terms like apiture and even reads photography books.)

At the beginning of this year my sister began a quest to save up enough $ for a Nikon D90. I was in awe of her frugal efforts and so excited that she reached her goal by late April. She told me how helpful it was that she was going to trade in her D40 as a credit toward the new camera.
Needless to say I was THRILLED and completely surprised when I opened my bday present from her and found the beautiful D40 and "big Daddy" lens in my gift box! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever have such a nice camera. So watch out, I will now be snapping pictures everywhere and throwing around terms like apiture and if I read any books they will be Photography for DUMMIES!!

The camera was loaded with this picture of my sister when I turned it on.






2 comments:

Heather Bower said...

Dang that is sweet, I want one... What a great present. I want a big daddy camera. Now I expect to see lots of blog posts. What a nice sister.

Trudy said...

How cool! I agree with Heather, more pics on the blog!!!!